You have data in Excel or
some type of spreadsheet and you want to import that data into the 1099Fire
software. Its easy to do. Our 1099FIRE software has the ability
to import up to 2.5 million records per file directly from Excel (.xls, .xlsx),
which is the largest file size acceptable to the IRS.
1099FIRE supports Excel 97-2003 binary formats (xls) and Excel 2007/2010 xml formats (xlsx). Supports Unicode and 64-bit platforms.
If you are importing an Excel file, the first row should be the column headers. The software will automatically detect and count how many rows of data you are using and proceed to import starting from the second row. If you are importing a CSV file, the first row should be the total number of records. The second row begins your data.
The order of the data for each module along with sample Excel files can be downloaded below. If you have any questions or difficulty importing, please call support at (608) 444-6575 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently used abbreviations and codes are as follows:
Common questions with solutions are below:
- How can I combine words or data together from 2-different Excel cells into 1-cell?
- How can I make Excel automatically add quotes around each field?
- How can I format an Excel column as text?
- How can I add dashes to a SSN?
- Why quote encapsulated and comma delimited? Why not just comma delimited?
- I still can't get my file to import. How can I convert the file from Excel to CSV and then import.
If you still have any problem importing your data into our software, please email or call technical support.; Technical support can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at (608) 444-6575.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments you might have.